Welcome to the University of Technology, Sydney (UTS)
You serve a vital role in contributing to UTS’s core functions of teaching and learning, research, community engagement and the administration to support those functions. It is important for you to get to know the University environment and culture in the first few weeks and months of your employment.
Read a welcome message from the Vice-Chancellor.
Starting at UTS induction program
Induction at UTS is designed to help you:
- understand your role and what is expected of you
- build awareness of UTS strategic direction and values
- understand UTS operations and structure
- access and work with key policies and procedures
- understand your rights and responsibilities around equal opportunity, health and safety and legal and ethical obligations
- establish connections and networks across the University.
Please note that a number of the links take you to pages external to HRU-Starting at UTS.
Local workplace induction
Coordinated by your supervisor and is about the 'who, what, where, when and how' of your immediate working environment.
Practical requirements for you to settle in and orient.
Conditions of employment
Access information about your conditions of employment, according to your classification.
Legal and ethical responsibilities
In this section you will find links to a range of legal and ethical policies and guidelines that set both legal obligations and expectations for personal and professional behaviour of UTS staff.
Compliance education and induction events
UTS provides training that covers legal obligations of new workers at UTS. This compliance education is provided via online training modules and face-to-face workshops.
UTS also runs a series of induction events that provide you with opportunities to meet people and deepen your understanding of UTS.
Access information to get to know more about UTS.
- Our history
- Vision, Values and Quality
- Reconciliation statement
- Campus maps and facilities
- Organisational structure
- Senior Executive
- Delegations at UTS
- Facts and figures
- Centres and institutes
- Administrative divisions
Resources and information
- Starting at UTS - guide for new staff (PDF 135 Kb)
- Induction guide for supervisors (PDF 214 Kb)
- Induction checklist (DOC 167 Kb)
- Senior staff induction plan (DOC 88 Kb)