As an employer, UTS is looking for prospective employees with specific skills and experiences, as well as people who will learn, develop and adapt to new environments as the University changes and evolves.
Your chances of recruiting the most suitable person for the position depend on developing the right strategy for attracting candidates.
Steps to attract candidates
The following tasks must be completed for all academic, support and SSG (Senior Staff Group) positions.
- Decide the strategies you will use to attract candidates
- If you are considering engaging a recruitment or executive search firm please refer to your HR Partner who will guide you through this process
- Write the pointer and online display advert highlighting the selling points of the role, the Faculty/Division and UTS. Get advice and feedback on your advert copy from your HR Partner
- Check when the advertising deadlines close
- Forward hard and soft copies of the adverts and recruitment approval documents to your HR Partner
- Compile an information package if required.