The final stage in the recruitment process is appointing the candidate. Once you get approval to appoint the selected candidate and then verification from the Human Resources Unit (HRU), you can offer the position to them, negotiate salary arrangements and, all going well, prepare to induct the new staff member into the workplace.
Steps to appoint the candidate
The following tasks must be completed by the selection committee Convenor.
- Forward the completed Appointment Recommendation and Selection Committee Report form to the appropriate authority to get formal approval to appoint.
- Attach the Shortlisting Report Form and the Appointment Recommendation and Selection Committee Report Form to the recruitment file and forward it to the Human Resources Unit (HRU) for verification.
- Offer the position to the candidate and negotiate salary arrangements.
- Ask the candidate if they envisage needing any workplace adjustments due to disability or ongoing illness. If so, inform candidate of the workplace adjustments procedure and follow the steps outlined in the procedure.
- Advise unsuccessful interviewed candidates verbally.
- Make workplace arrangements to accommodate and welcome the new staff member to UTS.