UTS is committed to your development and encourages you to participate in the comprehensive range of professional and career development activities available. Please discuss your development needs with you supervisor and agree on areas for your development.
- Information about workshops and events related to supervision, management, project management, IT systems, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Designed for access at a number of levels, the UTS Project Management website is a dynamic site for use by anyone who needs to sponsor or manage a project or as a member of a project team. The website provides an online step by step guide to managing a project, project management templates and other useful resources.
- Information about financial assistance for staff studying award courses at UTS and the provision for support staff to be released from their duties to undertake courses of study.
- Information about the Professional Experience Program (PEP) which is a period of paid release from normal duties for academic staff to further develop their professional and vocational knowledge, obtain practical experience and/or undertake research.
- For information on executive coaching and informal mentoring contact Organisation and People Development.
- The UTS Performance and Development process helps staff and supervisors to plan and review work, to evaluate performance, and to identify development needs. The Performance and Development process is a compulsory part of work for all UTS staff, including staff on fixed-term and casual contracts, and staff on probation.
- Secondments may be arranged to satisfy a number of purposes including staff development, consultancy or mutual exchange of ideas.
- The Starting at UTS induction program provides information and resources to ensure a smooth transition to a new organisational culture and environment.
Skills and professional development programs
Project management resources and information
Professional Experience Program (PEP) for academic staff
Performance and development
Induction (Starting at UTS)