During the planning phase, staff and supervisors work together to discuss work priorities and develop a written workplan for each staff member for the year. Both the staff member and the supervisor are responsible for ensuring that the workplan is appropriate to the staff member’s role and level and supports the objectives of the Unit or Faculty and the University.
If you need a copy of your faculty or unit action plan or would like more information on UTS action planning please go to the Planning and Quality Unit website.
Support staff should review their position description as part of the workplanning phase.
Workplan templates are available to download from the HRU website.
- Support Staff Performance and Development Workplan and Annual Review Template
- Academic Staff Workplan and Annual Review Sample Template (if there is no faculty specific form available)
- SSG Performance and Development Plan Template
- Objectives - major goals that can be easily measured. Objectives are more specific than the general accountabilities in position descriptions or workload documents.
For more information see developing workplan objectives and academic staff objectives
- Criteria for each objective that explain the agreed standard of performance and how it will be measured. Criteria may be quantitative (time, quantity etc.) or qualitative (clarifying the quality or distinctive nature of the work)
- Development plans and how these will be supported
- Values in work plans - values based behaviours and actions that demonstrate the DEEDS in action and describe how objectives are achieved.
- Leave plans and any work-related travel plans
- Any planned “outside work”
- Comments about any personal or work issues that may impact on work performance