During the review period of 1 January to 31 December Reviewing Managers make an overall assessment of performance, and associated performance pay recommendations of members of the senior staff group (SSG). Performance payments will be awarded within a 0-12% range depending on the assessment of performance as determined by the Vice Chancellor’s Remuneration Advisory Committee. The Senior Staff Group Collective Agreement 2007 provides the benchmark of 4% as the appropriate reward for meeting the expectations of the role.
While all senior staff are required to participate in the annual review discussion not all staff are eligible to receive a performance related payment. Further information about eligibility can be found in SSG Performance and Remuneration Review Principles and Procedures.
Ratings for performance payments will be assessed over the following areas::
- Achievement of the goals/work plans agreed standards of performance
- Undertaking of the principal accountabilities of the role
- Demonstration of the skills and behaviours critical to the success in the role
For more information about SSG performance and remuneration refer to:
- SSG Performance and Remuneration Review Principles and Procedures
- Part B - Performance and Remuneration of the Senior Staff Group Collective Agreement 2007
- NEO Guidelines for SSG Managers (PDF 207Kb)