Support staff perform administrative, professional and/or research support responsibilities. The conditions and benefits of employment are set out in the support staff collective agreement and the HR Manual
Employee Self Service in NEO enables you to:
- View your payslip (UTS staff are paid every second Thursday).
- apply for most forms of leave,
- view your leave balances
- update your personal details (eg address, qualifications, bank account information)
Staff may salary package a variety of benefits to maximise the value of the remuneration they receive.
- plan work
- review and evaluate performance
- reward and recognise performance
- identify development needs.
Staff are encouraged to participate in a range of professional and career development activities including:
People often feel more fulfilled when they achieve a sense of wellness and balance in their lives. UTS provides staff with:
- work-life balance options including flexible employment options, leave and other support
- wellness and sustainability program
- the Staff Social Club
- employee assistance program
Hours of work for support staff will vary depending on whether they are engaged as day or shift staff or have an agreed alternative hours arrangement. Some support staff may be required to work reasonable overtime or be on-call. Support staff may be given approval to participate in flexible hours schemes.
The UTS Code of Conduct and Workplace Behaviour Statement provides information about the behaviour or conduct expected of all staff. Staff must behave in a manner which does not adversely affect the health and safety of themselves and others and must not harass, victimise or discriminate against others.