employeeAssist® is a service provided by Davidson Trahaire Corpsych (DTC) that is available to all staff at UTS. DTC have offices at a number of locations across Sydney. The DTC team are professional, qualified and have extensive experience in dealing with issues in a sensitive and supportive manner.
Call DTC on 1300 360 364 to make a confidential appointment. No personal information about a staff member or any issues they raise with DTC is reported back to UTS.
This is a short term, solution focused approach to assist individuals to enhance their emotional, physical and mental health. Initially six (6) appointments are available for all staff and additional appointments can be approved on a case-by-case basis by Staff Services, HR. The initial appointments (ie the first six) may be made during work time provided the period of absence from work is kept to a minimum; for example, by using an office close to home or UTS, scheduling the appointment around lunch time, or the start or end of a normal work day. Staff may be required to take sick leave or other leave to attend additional appointments so should seek advice on appropriate arrangements from Staff Services, HR.
This EAP provides confidential counselling, coaching and support for staff for a broad range of work and life issues including:
- Can't get to sleep or wake up through the night
- Feeling emotional, teary or over-reacting to situations
- A sense you are not achieving what you want or need to at work
- Feeling withdrawn, down or depressed
- Feeling irritable or angry resulting in conflict
- Having trouble concentrating and a lack of enthusiasm
- Feeling concerned about a relationship at home or work
- Struggling to cope with grief or loss
- Workplace issues such as career development, difficult relationships with colleagues or clients
- Dealing with difficult relationships or conflict at work
- Feeling overwhelmed and having trouble performing
- Family and/or relationship issues or breakdowns
- Work/life balance