Senior staff perform executive, management and senior staff specialist roles. The conditions and benefits of employment are set out in the:
- senior staff collective agreement
- the HR Manual
- the relevant appointment policy applicable to their role. This applies to academic managers within the Senior Staff Group (eg Deans, Associate Deans, Heads of School, etc).
Employee Self Service in NEO enables you to:
- View your payslip (UTS staff are paid every second Thursday).
- apply for most forms of leave,
- view your leave balances
- update your personal details (eg address, qualifications, bank account information)
Staff may salary package a variety of benefits to maximise the value of the remuneration they receive.
- plan work
- review and evaluate performance
- reward and recognise performance, including determining outcomes for performance pay
- identify development needs.
Staff are encouraged to participate in a range of professional and career development activities including:
- staff development programs
- mentoring and executive coaching programs - contact Organisational and People Development on ext: 2926
- formal study
Senior staff may have responsibility for managing or supervising staff within their work units and need to understand UTS’ expectations and requirements of supervisors and managers.
People often feel more fulfilled when they achieve a sense of wellness and balance in their lives. UTS provides staff with:
- work-life balance options including flexible employment options, leave and other support
- wellness and sustainability program
- the Staff Social Club
- employee assistance program
The UTS Code of Conduct and Workplace Behaviour Statement provides information about the behaviour or conduct expected of all staff. Staff must behave in a manner which does not adversely affect the health and safety of themselves and others and must not harass, victimise or discriminate against others.
For further information relating to your employment at UTS, contact Staff Services - email@example.com or ext: 1060