Academic staff perform activities associated with teaching and learning; research and innovation; and University administration and service to the community. The conditions and benefits of employment are set out in the Academic Staff Collective Agreement and the HR Manual.
Employee Self Service in NEO enables you to:
- view your payslip (UTS staff are paid every second Thursday).
- apply for most forms of leave
- view your leave balances
- update your personal details (eg address, qualifications, bank account information).
Staff may salary package a variety of benefits to maximise the value of the remuneration they receive.
- plan work and determine workload
- review and evaluate performance (including results of the Student Feedback Survey)
- reward and recognise performance
- identify development needs.
Staff are encouraged to participate in a range of professional and career development activities including:
- staff development programs and teaching and learning resources
- Professional Experience Program (PEP)
- formal study
In support of performance and career advancement, UTS provides academic staff with access to:
- promotion to Senior Lecturer, Associate Professor and Professor
- progression from Associate Lecturer to Lecturer
People often feel more fulfilled when they achieve a sense of wellness and balance in their lives. UTS provides staff with:
- work-life balance options including flexible employment options, leave and other support
- wellness and sustainability program
- the Staff Social Club
- employee assistance program
The UTS Code of Conduct and Workplace Behaviour Statement provides information about the behaviour or conduct expected of all staff. Staff must behave in a manner which does not adversely affect the health and safety of themselves and others and must not harass, victimise or discriminate against others.
The union with coverage of academic staff is the National Tertiary Education Union (NTEU)
For further information relating to your employment at UTS, contact Staff Services - email@example.com or ext: 1060