Retirement is where a staff member chooses to terminate their employment with the intention of taking up available superannuation or pension entitlements, after reaching the age prescribed by their superannuation fund, as outlined in Resignation and Retirement Guidelines.
- Ascertain the period of notice you are required to give – refer to the Resignation and Retirement Guidelines.
- Contact your Financial Planner, Superannuation Fund or Staff Services, ext 1060 if you would like to discuss your retirement options
- Submit your written notice to retire to your supervisor. Your supervisor will sign and forward the notice to Staff Services, HRU
- Contact Staff Services, ext 1060 if you salary package a vehicle
- Update your address details through neo “Employee Self Service”
- Complete the Leaving UTS Checklist
Your payment summary will be forwarded to you in July at your last known address.
Payroll will notify your superannuation fund of your retirement. Your superannuation fund will be able to provide you with further information, including online tutorials, seminars and calculators.
Transition to retirement
Retired staff are able to continue their membership with the Library. If you are interested in ongoing membership of the Library, please contact the Library Corporate Services on 9514 3330.
Stay in touch
If you want to remain a part of UTS, why not become a member of UTS Alumni. If you are interested in obtaining a casual or honorary position with UTS, please contact your Faculty Manager or Unit Director.