- advising staff of expectations in relation to hours of work (eg work unit requirements, arrangements associated with rest pauses and meal breaks, etc) and notifying them of changes to hours of work expectations (eg changes to “established pattern of hours” etc) in accordance with these guidelines and, if applicable, the Agreement
- ensuring that staff work their hours in accordance with the relevant work model
- approval or otherwise of staff participation in Flexible Hours Options, ensuring that staff who are granted such approval comply with the conditions of the relevant scheme (ie RDO or Flexitime Scheme) including submission of timesheets for supervisor approval
- approval in advance of any overtime to be worked by staff
- advance notice in accordance with these guidelines of on-call and/or shift rosters
- authorisation of claims for overtime, shift loadings, work performed during on-call (ie remote call-out and call back) and casual work (unless the delegation of such authorisation is at a higher level in the work unit hierarchy).
- endorsement of staff member and supervisor agreement in relation to Alternative Hours Arrangements or Agreed Hours Arrangements (applies to casual staff only and may be approved by nominee of Dean / Director)
- approval of the payment of any flexi leave credit hours where exceptional circumstances exist for staff departing the University
- approval of credit to a staff member’s annual leave balance for time in lieu of overtime which cannot be taken.
- approval of Alternative Hours Arrangements or Agreed Hours Arrangements (applies to casual staff only) following agreement between the staff member and supervisor and endorsement by the Dean/Director
- approval of local arrangements for Flexitime.